Alt text is an important part of your website. It’s what search engines use to understand what your images are about, and it can help with accessibility for people who have trouble seeing images.
Alt Manager is a WordPress plugin that makes it easy to add alt text to any image on your site. The plugin uses the Google Image Search API to find relevant keywords for each image, so you don’t have to do any research yourself!
What is Alt Text?
Its is a piece of text that appears when you hover over an image. It’s used to describe the image and provide context for users who are visually impaired or have low bandwidth connections.
Alt Manager WordPress Plugin bulk automatically generates WordPress images alt, which improves SEO rankings and makes your site more accessible for everyone!
Benefits of Optimizing Alt Tags in WordPress
Enhanced User Experience
Alt tags assist visually impaired users by providing a textual description of images, ensuring your website remains accessible to all.
Improved Search Engine Visibility
Accurate alt tags enable search engines to index images effectively, enhancing the overall SEO performance of your website.
Boosted Organic Traffic
With optimized alt tags, images from your website can appear in search results, driving additional organic traffic and potential customers to your site.
Overview of Alt Manager WordPress Plugin
Alt Manager WordPress Plugin is a powerful WordPress Plugin that allows you to create alternate text for your images. It’s easy to use and has many features, such as:
- Generate alt text automatically using plugins settings enter your own text
- Add custom attributes to related to image media file informations
- Bulk generate images alt text
- Generate empty image alt text values
How to Generate Alt Text with Alt Manager WordPress Plugin?
To generate alt text, you need to install and activate the Alt Manager WordPress plugin. Then, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” > “Alt Manager“.
- Choose your prefered images setting for each homepage and each post type and click save.
- Thats all plugin now will bulk generate your WordPress images alt.
Tips for images SEO
- Be descriptive: Don’t just say “photo” or “image.” Instead, give the reader a sense of what’s in your image. If it’s an image of a person, say so; if it’s an infographic or chart, make sure to mention that fact.
- Avoid repetition: Don’t use words like “this” and “that” over and over again when describing your images–it gets repetitive quickly! Instead, try using synonyms for those words (e.g., instead of saying “this guy,” you could say something like “the gentleman”).
- Use keywords strategically: Keywords are important because they help search engines find your content more easily when someone searches for certain terms related to what you’re writing about–but don’t stuff them into every single piece of alt text just because! This will only hurt users who rely on screen readers; instead try using one or two strategically placed keywords per paragraph at most (and even then only if necessary).
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Keyword Stuffing
It’s tempting to stuff your alt text with keywords, but don’t do it! The goal of alt text is to provide an accurate representation of what’s on the page. If you have a lot of images and each one contains a different keyword, that’s fine; just make sure they’re all relevant to the image.
- Too Short or Too Long Descriptions
You want your descriptions to be as long as possible without being too long–and no longer than 300 characters (including spaces). Don’t worry if this means some of your images are shorter than others–it’s better for some than none at all!
- It’s a great way to improve your website’s accessibility.
- It’s a good practice for SEO, because search engines can’t read images.
- Alt Manager WordPress Plugin is an easy-to-use plugin that makes it simple for you to add alt text to your images and videos on your WordPress site.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us .